Great Thursday Morning!!
If you enjoy eating quesadillas, you will love this Spinach Mushroom Hummus Quesadilla recipe.
Have a great day!!
This spicy Spinach Mushroom Hummus Quesadilla makes a healthy and delicious appetizer or snack that can be made in 10 minutes! (vegetarian, gluten-free)
Spinach Mushroom Quesadilla
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
* 1 cup baby spinach
* 4 tortillas* (I like the corn and whole wheat blend)
* 1/2 cup Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus
* 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over low heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until onions and mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat.
2. Heat a cast iron griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Place 2 tortillas onto skillet and spread half of the hummus onto each tortilla. Top with cooked veggies and sprinkle with cheese if using. Top each with the remaining tortilla.
3. Cook until bottom tortilla is golden, then carefully flip each quesadilla and continue cooking until second tortilla is golden and cheese is melted. Remove from heat and slice each quesadilla into 4-6 triangles.
4. Serve with avocado, salsa, or more Sabra Supremely Spicy hummus.
*use corn or another gluten-free variety for gluten-free **omit for vegan, or replace with vegan cheese substitute