Great Thursday Morning!!!
I hope that you are having a great and productive week!!
Today’s recipe is an Avocado Shrimp Salad dish. I do not eat shrimp, but you can substitute the shrimp with the meat or non-meat of your choice. One major aspect that I love about this salad is the bright food colors. Even if you are not a salad fan, you have to admit that this dish is pleasing to the eyes!
Enjoy and have a Great Day!!!
Avocado Shrimp Salad:
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp:
* 1 lb medium shrimp (31-40 Count), peeled and deveined
* 1 tsp cajun spice
* 2 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
* Pinch of salt
* 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Ingredients for Salad:
* 1 medium romaine lettuce (5-6 cups chopped)
* ½ lb (3 medium) Roma tomatoes, sliced
* ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
* ½ English cucumber (or 3 small), sliced
* 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
* 1 cup corn kernels (from 2 freshly cooked cobs)
Ingredients for Cilantro-Lemon Dressing:
* Juice of 1 large lemon (3 Tbsp)
* ½ small bunch of cilantro (1/2 cup finely chopped) or parsley
* 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt
* ⅛ tsp black pepper
How to make Avocado Shrimp Salad:
1. Pat dry shrimp with paper towels and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tsp cajun spice, 2 pressed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
2. Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and once its melted and hot, add shrimp in a single layer. Sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Chop, rinse and spin dry 1 medium head of romaine lettuce. You should end up with about 6 cups lettuce. Transfer that to a large mixing bowl. Now add 3 sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, sliced cucumbers, 2 sliced avocados and 1 cup cooked corn.
4. To make the dressing, start with 3 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice, now finely chop about ½ cup of cilantro and stir that in. Add 3 Tbsp of olive oil and extra virgin has the best flavor. Season with 1 tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper and stir that together.