Great Transformation Thursday Morning!!!
What steps are you taking to transform your mind, body, and spirit? Each day that we live on this earth is an opportunity for us to be better and do better.
If you are looking for a great salad option, check out this delicious Taco Salad.
Enjoy and have a Great Day!!
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
All the flavors of a taco in a healthy salad with a refreshing, tangy lime vinegar
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 4 ounces Mexican chorizo, casing removed
* 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
* 1/2 cup Del Monte® Whole Kernel Sweet Gold and White Corn, drained
* 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 roma tomato, diced
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
* 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
* 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
* 1/4 cup tortilla strips, for garnish
FOR THE LIME VINAIGRETTE
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* Zest of 1 lime
* 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
* 2 teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
* To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime zest and juice, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
* Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chorizo and cook until dry and crisp, about 2 minutes, making sure to crumble the chorizo as it cooks; let cool.
* To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chorizo, corn, black beans, tomato and cilantro. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Stir in avocado.
* Serve immediately, garnished with cheese and tortilla strips, if desired.