Great Wednesday Morning!!
Today is going to be a productive day, filled with positivity and blessings!! As we are in day three of the new year; I am confident that we are all focusing on taking better care of ourselves. What we eat plays a major part on how we feel and our energy level.
This Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad provide you with fiber and plenty of protein. If you want to maintain a healthy immune system, make sure that you are eating the recommend servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 8 servings, about 1 cup each
Ingredients * 2 cups cooked brown rice (or other cooked whole grain)
* 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
* 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn , thawed
* 1 medium tomato , finely chopped
* 3 green onions , finely chopped
* 2 Tbsp . extra-virgin olive oil
* ¼ cup white wine vinegar
* ¼ cup fresh cilantro , chopped
* 1 medium jalapeño , finely chopped (or cayenne pepper to taste)
* 1 tsp . mild chili powder
1. Combine rice, beans, corn, tomato, green onions, oil, vinegar, cilantro, jalapeño, and chili powder in a large serving bowl; mix well.
2. For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.